Bankruptcy Law and Creditors’ Rights
Our attorneys provide counsel to businesses and individuals in issues involving bankruptcies, reorganizations, and insolvency. We also assist clients with resolving both their own financial affairs as well as dealing with those of their clients and customers. Our diverse client base includes banks, small to mid-size businesses, lenders of all types, as well as consumers.
We assist creditors and debtors in matters from the earliest stages of economic decline through bankruptcy and reorganization. Our practice areas range from sophisticated out of court workouts and complex litigation to routine collections. Attorneys in this practice area work closely with other firm attorneys when matters arise involving litigation, administrative matters, labor, real estate development, and environmental issues.
We represent creditors, debtors, fiduciaries and other interests in bankruptcy proceedings in the Rio Grande Valley. We have experience in all facets of bankruptcy including, but not limited to:
- Chapter 7, 11, and 13 Bankruptcies
- Involuntary and voluntary bankruptcies petitions
- Administrative, Priority, Secured and Unsecured claims
- Dismissal of a Bankruptcy Case
- Lifting the automatic stay
- Assignment of Executory Contracts or Unexpired Leases
- Sale/Purchase of estate assets
- Adversary proceedings involving contract disputes, preference payments, fraudulent transfers and non-dischargeability suits; and
Chapter 9 Secured Transactions
Workouts/Restructuring: We represent lenders and borrowers in negotiating and documenting workouts to avoid litigation and can assist creditors and debtors in reaching restructuring solutions targeted at avoiding litigation and bankruptcy proceedings.
Foreclosures: We represent lien and mortgage holders, such as banks, and defend borrowers in commercial foreclosure actions.
Landlord and Tenants: Insolvency proceedings present unique issues for the lessor and lessee. We represent real estate, vehicle, and equipment lessors in collection and bankruptcy proceedings.